Who we are
We are Orient Physiotherapy Clinic based at 771-773 High Rd Leytonstone E11 4QS, Tel no 07776157606, email firstname.lastname@example.org. For the purposes of processing your personal data we are the Controller.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
We record and use the following categories of personal data which may include: name, address, telephone numbers and email address.
Sharing Your Personal Data
Where third parties are used by us to store your personal data, we ensure they are compliant with the data protection law and any such data is not stored outside of the EU.
We use information;
- To provide a legal record of any treatment or advice we provide.
- To ensure continuity of care.
- For accounts purposes.
- To contact you about your ongoing treatment including sending exercises by e-mail.
- Reminders for your appointments.
- With your permission, to liaise with other medical professionals who may be involved in your care; this may include GP’s, Consultants, Occupational Health Departments Class Instructors, insurance companies or other Health Care Professionals.
- To update you on our services. You may opt of these emails by clicking unsubscribe on the mail list or contacting us.
Retaining Your Personal Data
Physiotherapy records are required to be kept for 8 years following your last appointment. For children this is until the age of 25 years.
As we process your personal data, you have certain rights. These are a right of access, a right of rectification, a right of erasure and a right to restrict processing.
You may request a copy of your data at any time. Please make such a request in writing or by email to us, at the address shown above. Please provide the following information: your name, address, telephone number, email address and details of the information you require.
If you believe any of the personal data we hold on you is inaccurate or incomplete, please contact us directly and any necessary corrections to your data will be made without undue delay.
If you believe we should erase your data, please contact us, at the address shown above.
If you wish us to stop storing or using your data, please contact as, at the address shown above.
Where you have provided explicit consent for us to use your data you have a right to withdraw this consent at any time.
Should your personal data that we control be lost, stolen or otherwise breached, where this constitutes a high risk to your rights and freedoms, we will contact you without delay. We will give you the contact details of the person who is dealing with the breach, explain to you the nature of the breach and the steps we are taking to deal with it.
Should You Wish to Complain
You can contact the ICO via their website: www.ico.org.uk should you wish to make a complaint about the way we are processing your personal data.